Friday, April 28, 2017

TF400962: There was a database update error. Please try your operation again

Branch Error




Hi.

In this post I want describe how I solve issue connect with branch.
The problem was that I wanted branch code to another place.
It is not depended of way branch: via UI in visual Studio or throw TF.exe.

When I choose right place I discovered issue (I didn't make screenshot, but I think you understand):


TF400962: There was a database update error. Please try your operation again

I found this issue in site Microsoft.

As was expected that Microsoft closed ticket as "we are resolving this as cannot reproduce"

So I started investigate issue by myself.

In fact the solution was very easy. The reason of this behavior was that new branch by length was more than 255 in path!
It is very strange that microsoft can't handle this issue and show good logs.

But when I decrease length of path, it was easy branching!.

Happy branching!


No comments:

Post a Comment